Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Book Sneeze!

No, I didn't just sneeze all over my new book! But thank you for the bless you anyway! Can't hurt! Actually, a few months ago a fellow blogger friend had mentioned she was getting FREE books from Book Sneeze. All you have to do is write a review of the book on your blog. Sounded easy enough so I signed up but none of the books really caught my eye so I didn't request any. So I just signed up for their RSS feed and moved on with life.
Fast forward through life a few months to last Wednesday. I'm reading through Google Reader and noticed there were some new books available and some of the author names looked familiar - Patsy Clairmont, Lisa Harper, Nicole Johnson, Sheila Walsh, & Jennifer Grant. These lovely, talented women are some of the most powerful speakers from the "Women of Faith" conference.I have attended this conference for the last 4 years in Dallas and will be returning this year in August. There is nothing like American Airlines Center filled with a ton of women all worshiping and praising God. AMAZING!
Anyway, I couldn't wait to sign up for a book and chose Stumbling Into Grace by Lisa Harper. Less than a week later, my book arrived! I'm so excited! The cover has the most adorable little girl with the "I'm so cute" head tilt, her mom's jewelry, ruffly skirt, pink shirt, green & white striped tights, & untied pink converse shoes! I just want to to hug her cute little neck!
I have already read the first chapter and am in love! Lisa uses real life stories to remind us that God gazes adoringly at us and moves heaven and earth for us!
At the end of each chapter, are some questions for reflection or group discussions and a journal entry.
I honestly don't know how long it will take me to read this book because my reading of traditional books, as opposed to e-books, has really slowed down. Right now on my coffee table, I have 5 in progress books, not including this one! Two of those books are Beth Moore Bible study books that I have been working through with some ladies @ church. So, stay tuned and I will do my best to keep motivated to finish it quickly. After all, there are more books on the booksneeze.com site that I'm interested in, too! I encourage you to check out their website and sign up.
Take care - remember God moves heaven and earth for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment