Thursday, August 15, 2013

WHAT?!?! I don't owe you any money!

Sometimes you get a bill in the mail and you think to yourself "WHAT?!?! I don't owe you any money!"

Yesterday, I got that bill. Last October I was fighting a credit union to get a small amount of money out of an account that was only in Michael's name. I called a lawyer that deals with probate law to find out what to do. I filled out the paperwork and mailed it back and that was the last I heard from this lawyer until yesterday when I received a $260 bill in the mail!

I was mad at first but decided I always pay my bills and I would pay this one. After all the items in the bill were done for me. But with my new backbone that was installed December 19, 2011 when Michael died, I decided I would call the lawyer and complain first. (Definitely, a new thing for me!)

I'm happy to report that the lawyer was embarrassed that nothing had been done for me and that I had taken care of the situation on my own. He told me to tear up that bill and to not worry about it anymore. There was no reason why I should have to pay for his lack of follow-through. (Those were not his exact words but I was so shocked I can't quote what he said.)

With tears in my eyes, I'm grateful that God's love is always close to me when I need it the most! This is such a small thing in the grand scheme of life but I cried out in distress and he heard my voice. He rescued me unharmed from the battle I waged against the lawyer! (Psalm 55: 17-18, paraphrased by ME!)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2055:%2017-18&version=NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment