Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A little update for the week

As I mentioned in my last post, I bought some stuff for my flowerbeds that were really, really overgrown! So this week I have focused in on getting my flowerbeds back under control. The problem is the heat doesn't allow me to get outside for very long everyday. So I have been getting up every morning around 6:30 and heading outside to work until around 10:00 which is my heat limit. As of today, Wednesday, August 6, 2008, the flowerbeds are done. I had a real problem before with drainage so I'm hoping that weed stop fabric and mulch will help with that problem. I also planted 72 "monkey grass" plants which Michael says will help. It took me 3 days but I think it's worth it! I'll post a picture when I'm through watering it.

So here's a report on the menus from last week. I started off great the first two days but then I got sick and the rest is history. I am continuing the unmade recipes this week. I made Famous Pork Chops Tuesday night and we had them for leftovers tonight. This is one of Bobby's favorite meals that I make. I haven't tried the Fake 'n Bake or the 7-Up chicken yet but there is still time this week, right?

 

Pictures of the latest furniture to be added to our house.

Round Formica top table from MIL's store  

Cabinet top was MIL's paternal grandmother's

 

I just realized I didn't take a picture of the 3rd item - Michael's baby cradle. Oops!

As I close tonight I want to leave you with this - One of my dear friends from my time in Nacogdoches (love ya Gayla!) writes a wonderful blog everyday that I enjoy reading. She had a bible verse that spoke to me today and I thought I would share it with you:

I Corinthians 16:14 (The Message)

“ Keep your eyes open, …, give it all you've got, be resolute, and love without stopping.”

No comments:

Post a Comment