Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer KAL-CAL

What is that????? It stands for Summer Knit Along-Crochet Along. This is a sort of contest and a way to get encouragement from the crochet & knit world. Here is the link to the Summer KAL-CAL

I crochet. I tried to knit many years ago and remember feeling frustrated. About 3 years ago I decided to teach myself how to crochet and found it easy and relaxing. I started by making baby blankets for our son and then branched out. Here is a picture of my most recent completed project:

Crochet Cable Afghan

I had to start it over several times before I finally got it the width that I wanted. It's gorgeous if I do say so myself!

I also recently completed a pilloghan that I might give as a Christmas present so no picture.

I purchased some Lily Sugar N Cream yarn to complete the Cottage Bag. I started it out and didn't think I would have enough yarn. (don't you just hate that!) I started to make Small Stash Baskets but they were so small I couldn't figure out what purpose they would serve in my house. So back to the drawing board. What to do? I searched the Internet, downloaded tons of free patterns trying to decide on one. I finally decided that that was ridiculous to keep searching and not starting anything. I looked back at all of my patterns and selected...drum roll please...

 

Cottage Bag

 

So this is the pattern I will be submitting to the Summer KAL-CAL. According to the blog, I can enter more than one bag or socks. We'll see how this one goes and what time I have after school starts.

  I'm really excited about this new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment