Thursday, February 16, 2012

Weekend Warrior Pt. 3

Another weekend of lots of projects and very little time! My parents were here again. I had to work Saturday morning while Bobby had another basketball game. He only scored one time this week. One more game next week and then we are done until baseball season after school is out for the summer.

Dad had big plans for the house while Mom and I headed to Home Depot and Wal-Mart. A couple of hours later...we arrived back home to find Dad in the bathroom and Bobby playing Wii. Luckily, I had taken pictures before we left the house!


Bathroom Ceiling Before
Bathroom Ceiling Before

 
This is how my bathroom ceiling has been for several months. The original ceiling was falling in so Michael removed it and we hung up mold resistant drywall up but we never made the time to go back and finish the job. (If you look carefully you can see the screws and the joints between each piece.) And now for the “after” pictures…

Bathroom Ceiling Part 2
Bathroom Ceiling Part 2


Bathroom Ceiling Part 2
 
These pictures show the mud that now covers the screws and joints. But there is still one more important task ahead and that is mine, all mine! PAINTING!!! That’s for this weekend.

Here are a couple of before pictures of my pantry which has been driving me crazy! 
Pantry Before
Pantry Before
 
You couldn’t hardly walk in there because there was so much stuff on the floor. The shelves on the left are only about 7” deep which is just enough room for two cans of veggies or soup. The back shelves are about a foot deep but not very long. I used to think it was a huge pantry and there was plenty of room until I tried to actually start using the space. Now for the reveal:





 










 






Didn’t my mom do a wonderful job! My job was to throw away boxes and hand her new items from the Wal-Mart trip. (Basically, staying out of the way!) But it was so worth it because now we know where everything is and can find it!

I bought a new thermostat for our living room heater at Home Depot and Dad installed that too!
Old Thermostat

New Thermostat
















But that’s not the end of our Weekend Warrior projects. I signed up to be the party chairman for B’s Valentine party at the beginning of the school year when I thought I was going to be a stay-at-home mom and we would be allowed to bring homemade goods to the party/class. But no such luck! Things change on a dime and we just learn to go with the flow! The school decided to no longer allow home baked goods and my dear husband died suddenly! I bought $12 worth of cupcakes at Wal-Mart but I know that there’s usually way too much food so I borrowed a Pinterest idea and wrapped the cupcakes up so they could take them home for another time and not have to waste them.
  

While I was wrapping cupcakes, B was writing his Valentine’s cards. Unfortunately, he sealed them all up inside out and you couldn’t see the names! Mom to the rescue! I sat at work Tuesday morning pulling each one apart and refolding them so he could see the names to pass them out. A mom’s work is never done!



And so I leave you with one more picture of the two cutest dogs! They are not brothers as a matter of fact, one is a Cardigan Welsh Corgi and the other is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi! They do look a lot alike except for tail vs. no tail! They fight like brothers but can also love like brothers like this last picture shows!


Buster & Radar

What would you do different? Do you see something weird in my pantry that can be done differently? (Yes, I know we eat too much packaged foods but one hurdle at a time!)


Please share this post with other women that you know who have recently lost their spouse. Maybe they need some encouragement to jump their next hurdle. I want to be an inspiration to them!

Esther 4:14b NIV And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

No comments:

Post a Comment